Organizing your home, office, or simply moving your items is usually a task you need to perform with a lot of time. If you tend to rush things, then you are risking making some moving mistakes that could cost you a lot. In this situation, you can break your expensive and fragile items when moving. That is why you need to know why properly preparing fragile valuables for storage is important. There they will be kept safe for time being because they are stored in Monterey Moving and Storage facilities. Here is what you need to know about it.
What kind of packing supplies to get when you are preparing fragile valuables for storage
It is just not that simple to pick up and pack your items if they are highly valuable and fragile. There are certain preparations you need to do to do it properly. Not to mention that you should get some good packing supplies for this process. So, what you need to get are:
- Good packing boxes that can provide your items with nice protection;
- Try to get new air-filled wraps that you can wrap around your items;
- There are special glass and dish packers that you should think about;
- Always have markers to label your boxes with the content;
- Packing paper and old newspapers are a must-have if you wish to pack everything properly;
- Packing tape, scissors, rope strings, and some rags are always good to have.
These are some of the most important items you need to have in your home before you begin packing your fragile belongings. This will be very useful when you are about to pack your items because then they will have all the necessary protection while being stored. On the other hand, if you have any doubts about your packing skills then you can always get packing services from your professional movers. Their experience allows them to pack everything quickly and safely.
Steps to take
Now that you have gathered all the necessary supplies, you need to begin packing your fragile items. If you wish to securely do it, you need to:
- Use packing tape to secure the bottom part of the box;
- On the bottom of the box, you will place crumbled paper, or packing peanuts as a base;
- Use that air-filled wrap and pack every item individually;
- The items you have in your home can be used to pack your items as well. Some old fabrics like T-shirts, towels, bedsheets, and pillowcases are perfect when you want to pack.
- Put your items in the boxes carefully. Make sure to place the heaviest items first at the bottom of the box. And the lightest on the top. That will allow you to pile your items on top of each other without breaking them;
- If you have any space in your box, fill it with newspapers or packing peanuts. They will prevent your items from tumbling around. Keeping your items fixed in one place is very important and will provide them with extra security.
Once you do this, you can take a marker and label every box with what it contains. That will make it easier for you to look for certain items that you might need soon. Also, it can be tricky to transport your belongings to the storage if you have never done it before. This is where moving companies in Carmel CA come into play. With their help, you will transport your items without any possible mistakes and problems.
Ask your friends to help you out
If you have a lot of items to pack, move and store, but do not have enough time to do it on your own, then you need to consider calling your friends to help you out. Sometimes we have some big, fragile, and very expensive items in our homes that we want to store. The problem begins when you can’t pack it on your own because of its size. In this case, you will call your friend to help you out. Perhaps some of them already have some prior knowledge about this and can help you pack your items with ease. It will significantly speed up your moving process for sure.
There are many things that your friend can help you with when you are storing some items. Perhaps you have some belongings you do not need anymore. And if they are in good condition, you can always give them as gifts to your friends who help you out when packing them. Also, if your items are heavy, and you don’t know how to move bulky stuff around, then you will have a hard time. Having another pair of hands helping you can mean a lot in this situation. Not to mention that you will avoid getting injured when moving heavy items. It is one of the moving mistakes you need to know how to properly avoid and solve.
As you can see, there are some steps you need to take before you start preparing fragile valuables for storage. They are very important because they will allow you to do everything properly and without breaking your items. Furthermore, you can even save money like this. If you make a mistake, it can cost you a lot to fix or replace your item. Now that you know what you can do, all that is left is to contact us and see how we can help you with the transport. Our crew is skilled and our trucks ready to move you out. Schedule your move with us today!