Damaged or destroyed items are a nightmare situation we all imagine when preparing for a move. The items most expensive and difficult to replace are some of the most crucial ones to protect. Thanks to their price tag and relative rareness, to pack and move designer shoes and clothes fall into that category, and if you are not looking for professional packers, packing waits for you. Unfortunately, preparing for a move is a complicated and stressful process. Moreover, consider various things, especially when sorting, packing, and repacking your belongings. Nevertheless, make sure you get in touch with California professional movers to help you out.
Ways to protect items before you pack and move designer shoes and clothes
- If your costly clothes are already hanging up in your closet, leave them on the hanger. A box specifically made for clothes will help keep things in place.
- Invest in some wooden or padded hangers if you can. Those hanger types are more likely to protect your designer shirts and jackets. They will also help your clothes hold their shape better than plastic or wire hangers will.
- If you have kept shoe boxes, pack your shoes in them, heel to toe, before placing the shoeboxes into a larger moving box. Be sure to place the shoe boxes in before any loose shoes. And keep the heavier shoes on the bottom. They will act as a base and make the box more stable.
- Tissue paper can be a lifesaver. Use it around shoes before boxing them up, or place it between and around folded clothes to help prevent wrinkles. Bubble wrap can also be a good protector.
- Do not mix clean and dirty clothes in close quarters. If possible, make sure every piece is clean, so there is less work for you after the move. Additionally, you will save time by using your current dry cleaner rather than finding a new one right away.
Furthermore, make sure you hire packing services, with whom you can ease your mind and save your time.
Professional tips that will keep your wardrobe fresh while in transit
- Know that plastic containers do not allow clothes and shoes to breathe. Therefore, what you pack in containers do not store for more than a few months. Otherwise, you risk fabric damage.
- If you are concerned about any shoes losing shape, roll up some socks and stuff them in the toe.
- If you have a garment bag for your dress or suit, use it. Every extra layer of protection helps.
- Do not forget to invest in a lavender scent bag if you think it might take a while for you to unpack your clothes. Moths love dark places, so if your clothes are packed away for months, you could have a problem.
- Moreover, separate old and new shoes into different containers. Otherwise, your brand new dress shoes might get scuffed up by those ratty old sneakers and require special care to look fresh again. Furthermore, find proper boxes and supplies before you start packing.
So, are you already tired of thinking about unpacking those clothes, shoes, and everything else in your new home? Check out some ways for unpacking after a move to make the process a little easier. And as always, contact Salinas movers to help your move be as stress-free as possible.
Go with pro movers before you pack and move designer shoes and clothes
If you do not have what it takes to pack and transport all your belongings, think of hiring a moving company. With the right movers, all of your designer items will arrive at your new home in flawless condition. If you pack and move designer shoes and clothes correctly, and by following our bits of advice, you will not have any problems. For additional information, do not forget to read about more ways on how to pack clothes for moving. Therefore, pursue these simple steps, and your expensive clothes and shoes will arrive at your new home in perfect condition.