How to stay sane and healthy when moving long distance
Free Moving Quote
JUMP TO SECTION
Moving is one of those situations in which it’s very easy to lose your cool and break down. When you’re under so much pressure for several weeks, it’s only natural that your sanity is frail. But what if you knew the ways of keeping your sanity, mental and physical health in check when moving? The process would be much easier and more enjoyable then, wouldn’t it? Well, you’re in luck. Today we’re here to give you some tips and tricks that will help you stay sane and healthy when moving long distance. We’re taking California residential movers, we’re talking planning and we’re talking taking care of yourself. So, let’s dive right in and see how you can make moving long-distance much easier to handle and better for your health.
Start the preparations on time and stay organized
If you want to stay calm, cool and collected while moving, there’s one thing we highly recommend doing – planning ahead of time and being organized. Having a clear idea of what you need to do will help you stay on top of your game and avoid the stress of forgetting something important. So, write lists, create a timeline for your move and, most importantly, give yourself enough time for everything. Doing things last minute and being in a time crunch is a huge stressor, so avoid it at all costs. By taking your sweet time and gradually handling everything, you’re allowing yourselg to stay sane and healthy when moving long distance.
Get all the help you can get to stay sane and healthy when moving long distance
Hire a moving company to handle the hard work
One of the crucial things to know if you’re dreading your upcoming relocation is that you don’t need to do it alone. And why would you when there are so many great and capable movers Gilroy CA who can help you out?
Namely, if you hire a moving company to handle a chunk of your moving tasks, your move is bound to be much smoother and you’re bound to be calmer. What more could you ask for? The pros have the skills and the equipment to efficiently and safely transport your things to your new address. You can even choose some of their special services if you need any extra assistance. So, if your budget allows it, this is a great way to remain sane and healthy when moving long-distance.
Get packing services instead of packing on your own
While we’re on the topic of hiring moving companies, there’s one more thing we highly recommend. Because people often spend days, if not weeks, packing their homes and getting ready for the move, this part of the relocation is often the most stressful one. Therefore, it’s a great idea to turn to the pros and get packing services.
Professional packers will come equipped with good quality packing supplies and they will pack up your things in a flash. You’ll be able to put the time you’d spend packing to better use and get something else done or rest a little. This way, you won’t strain yourself too much, you’ll get some downtime and you’ll be taking care of your mind and body. So, getting professionals to help you pack is definitely recommended for staying sane and healthy when long-distance moving.
Invite friends over for a day of moving prep
While hiring and working with the pros is always a good way to make your move easier, not everyone can or wants to spend money on that. Some people prefer DIY moving and that’s completely fine. Still, you’re not alone in it. Don’t bear the pressure and burden of the move alone – ask your close ones for help and make a day of it.
Friends or family members can help you with decluttering, cleaning your home, packing boxes and even transporting things to your new home. You’ll be done in no time and you’ll have a reason to celebrate with loved ones. Don’t underestimate the power of asking for help when trying to keep your sanity and health when relocating long-distance. It’s crucial.
Don’t neglect your wellbeing if you want to stay sane and healthy when moving long distance
Now, other than properly organizing your relocation, you also have to properly take care of yourself. You can’t neglect your body, mind and overall health just because you’re moving house. So, here’s what you should work on to remain sane and healthy during your long distance relocation.
- Drink plenty of water. This is the classic advice that’s important for your overall health. Don’t forget to drink a few glasses of water between packing boxes.
- Eat well and don’t skip meals. Even though this is a stressful and hectic time, there’s nothing more than giving your body enough fuel to handle it all. And no, coffee isn’t enough fuel. So, get your proteins and eat your vegetables.
- Get plenty of sleep. This will give you the energy you need to handle the move but it will also put you in a better mood and make you less agitated.
- Work on reducing your stress levels. Stress is really bad for your body and your mind and it can cause serious health issues. So, you need to consciously work on doing things that will calm you down and accept that not everything is going to go to plan.
- Take a break. Sure, there’s a lot to do, but you’re not a robot. You can’t keep going 24/7, and you shouldn’t. So, remember to take a break and enjoy yourself a little.
- Take a walk and move your body. If you have the time and energy, it would be good to do a little light exercise. Whether it’s a pleasant walk with a friend or some light yoga and stretching, just take care of your body. Get those endorphins.
Mentally prepare for the move
Moving is all about preparation. But it’s not all about hiring local movers CA and packing boxes. An important part of moving prep is mental preparation. You should get ready for the changes that await you in your home. You might want to do some research on your future town or neighborhood, find things to look forward to and make sure you know what to expect. This step will calm you down, help you stay sane and healthy when moving long distance and get you excited about this transition.