What to do while waiting for professional Salinas movers
Free Moving Quote
After weeks of hard work, the moving day has finally come. This is actually the first day of the new chapter in your life. California professional movers will be there soon to pick up your belongings and transport them to your new home. You have packed your belongings and cleaned your home, and now you are waiting for professional Salinas movers. However, there are still some tiny details that you should take care of. If anything, you should do it just in case. So, rise and shine, have that morning cup of coffee and let’s finish this. Follow these steps to make sure that your moving day runs as smoothly as possible.
Go through your moving inventory one more time
Relocation is notorious because of its complexity. Moving an entire household from one place to another is a task to behold, but fortunately, there is always a way to make things a bit easier. Moving companies Salinas have the experience and tools to help you out with any type of relocation. However, even the best moving professionals can’t help you if you forget to pack something. This is a quite common mistake because people tend to forget stuff when they are under pressure.
This is why it is important to create a good moving plan and to follow it step by step. Also, you should create an inventory list with all the items that you plan to take with you. Have you already done that? Great, now is the time to go through that list one more time. Take advantage of the time you have at your disposal and make sure that you don’t leave something behind.
Pack your essentials bag while waiting for professional Salinas movers
Packing the essentials bag may take a bit of time, but you will be greatly rewarded. For those who don’t know, the essentials bag should contain everything that might be useful to you during the moving day. If you are moving long-distance the essentials bag should contain stuff that should serve you during the first few days at your new place. So, what to pack?
- Snacks and refreshments. Water is the most important, but you should also pack some solid and healthy food like a salad meal, fruits, or chicken sandwich. Pack enough for the whole day.
- Basic hygiene products. If you are moving on a hot summer day, you might get sweaty and sticky. Until you get the chance to take a long shower, basic hygiene products will save your day. So, get stuff like wet wipes, clean towels, soap, all-purpose cleaners, a bottle of alcohol, and a toothbrush.
- Clean clothes. Pack enough spare clothes depending on the time you plan to spend on the road. Then pack some more just in case. Also, don’t forget that there is a chance that you might not have enough time to wash your laundry during the first few days.
Use that time to have a conversation with your kids
Moving is much more than simply transporting your belongings to your new home. On the contrary, relocation is a very important milestone that can have a deep impact on our lives. This is because moving presents a change, especially if we are moving to another state. Don’t forget that it takes time to adapt to new surroundings. Children can be most affected by this change. This is why it’s important to have a serious conversation about the move with kids. You should try to explain to them why the upcoming change is a good thing. Tell them how to stay in touch with their old friends, and encourage them to make new ones.
Check the important documents while waiting for professional Salinas movers
Moving usually includes a ton of paperwork related to selling/buying of property, change of address, moving insurance papers, medical records, children’s school records, the list goes on. Place your paperwork in one of those little plastic suitcases and keep them by your side at all times. If you are planning to hire a real estate agent, he will take care of property-related paperwork, so you won’t have to worry about that. Listed below is the list of most important documents you must not forget:
- Your ID
- Passport and traveling arrangement documents
- Drivers ’license
- Medical and dental records
- School records for your children
- Tax records
- Bill of landing (Your contract with the moving company)
- Insurance documents, and moving insurance policy
- Documents for your pets
- Your wallet
Other details to take care of while waiting for professional Salinas movers
Okay, we have now covered all the crucial things to do, so let’s see if there is anything else:
- Charge your phone. While you probably won’t have enough time to play video games, you will need your battery in the chance you get lost, or if to contact your movers.
- Prepare cash to tip your movers. Show your gratitude for the job well done and tip each member of the moving crew.
- Pack a cooler. Nothing better than cold refreshments after a day of hard work, right?
Say goodbye to your friends and family members
Goodbyes are always difficult, but they don’t have to be forever. They could simply mean “until we meet again”. Nevertheless, these couple of hours until your movers arrive could be the last chance to spend some time with your friends and family members. You can ask them to help you with the final checkups. When you are done with that, you can have a cup of coffee and agree on how to stay in touch.
Okay, these were some of the things you could do while waiting for professional Salinas movers. In case, you already did everything from the list, then good for you! You are ready to go. We wish you good luck with your relocation.